Please see important documents and information that will assist you with the running of your GAA Club.
The GAA Club is the basic unit of the Association and the primary structure through which the GAA undertakes its mission, which states
‘The GAA is a community-based volunteer organisation promoting Gaelic games, culture and lifelong participation.’
The objective of the GAA Club is the promotion at the local level of the Association’s aims, as outlined in the Official Guide – Chapter 1: Aims and Ethos.
The Association’s basic aim is to “strengthen the National Identity” through its primary purpose to promote and control the National games of Hurling, Gaelic Football, Handball and Rounders.
Its additional aims are to:
• Actively support the Irish language and Irish culture
• Support the promotion of Camogie and Ladies Gaelic Football
• Support Irish industry
The GAA Club is the bedrock of every Irish community and provides an organised structure from which great community spirit is generated. Today, almost every town and village in the country has its own GAA headquarters, centred on the playing of our exciting games and building on 125 years of great history and success.
These clubs are a tremendous influence in their local communities. The GAA is a strong and vibrant Association thanks to the army of dedicated volunteers at Club level committed to the promotion and development of our clubs and our games.
It’s vital our clubs continue to grow and reinvent themselves to ensure that this structure is reinforced. Through planning ahead for the future, the GAA will help ensure that clubs remain strong and that dedicated voluntary officials at Club level continue to commit to the promotion and development of our games and our Association.
- 2020 GAA Official Guide – Part 1
- 2020 GAA Official Guide – Part 2 (Playing Rules)
- 2020 Meath GAA Club Championship Draws
- 2020 Meath GAA Return to Play (11-06-20)
- 2020 SAFE RETURN FOR GAELIC GAMES (COVID-19)
- Fo Dlighte 2020 (Bye Laws)
- Rialacháin Coiste Chontae na Mí 2020 version 1.1 01 March 2020
- Child Welfare and Protection
- Player Safety
- GAA Social Media Guidelines_2020
- Surnames/Useful Terms in Irish
- Club Constitution_as per Official Guide_2020
- Inter County Transfer – Please contact the Club Secretary for Online Transfer (PTS)
- Approval Form 2018
- Leinster Council Transfer List
- Croke Park Live Transfer List
- Irish Standards I.S 357 2007
- Irish Standards I.S. 356 2007
Other Helpful links:
- Meath GAA – Competition Information
- Meath GAA Physical Development Downloads
- Meath GAA – Minor, Juvenile, Go Games Information
- 2020 Club Championship/League Fixtures
- GAA Club Dashboard The Club Dashboard allows you to navigate to the site or portal you need in one click. It will also post reminders and important notifications so that you don’t miss a deadline or update. You can create your own ‘favourites’ section with the pages you visit most. GAA.ie/Clubs is fully functional on desktop and mobile. It is a quick and easy way to get to everything you need on gaa.ie
- The Club Support Manual is a resource for all Club officers. It contains information on all aspects of Club activity and administration. To access this resource, visit – Club Support Manual