315 days after he last appeared in a Meath jersey, Darragh Campion makes a welcome return to action in Saturday evening’s Dioralyte O’Byrne Cup quarter final against Louth. Forced from the field in the League game against the same opposition at the end of February, Darragh will line out at wing forward on Saturday.
Adam O’Neill dons the full back jersey where he will be flanked by Michael Flood and Michael Murphy with Billy Hogan lining out in goals behind them. Ronan Jones who lined out at centre back and who captains the team in 2024 will once more man the centre back berth and he is joined by Ciaran Caulfield along with Sean Coffey who impressed during last years Tailteann Cup campaign.
Cathal Hickey who plies his trade at club level at midfield, will get a chance to impress in the position for his county and he will form a youthful partnership with Jack Flynn.
The returning Campion is joined in the half forward line by Daithí McGowan while Eoghan Frayne who captained the U-20 side last year will lead the attack from the centre forward berth. There is an exciting look to the full forward line with Mathew Costello once more at full forward while Aaron Lynch who excelled in the Teddy McCarthy Tribute game in December will once more don the number thirteen jersey while Jack O’Connor lines out in the slightly unfamiliar left corner forward position.
The experienced Donal Keogan features on the substitutes bench where he is joined by a few players who will be looking to make their competitive debut for the Royal County. Cathal Finnegan, Conor Farrelly, Daire Rowe and Ruairí Kinsella will all be hoping to get a chance to stake a claim for action further down the line if they get the nod to make their debut.
Tickets for the game can be purchased here: Dioralyte O’Byrne Cup Quarter Final – Meath v Louth
- Billy Hogan (Maigh Dearmhaí)
- Michael Flood (Naomh Bríd)
- Adam O’Neill (Bhulf Tón)
- Michael Murphy (Naomh Peadar Dún Bóinne)
- Ciaran Caulfield (Átha Troim)
- Ronan Jones (Naomh Peadar Dún Bóinne) (Capt)
- Sean Coffey (Baile na Breacaighe)
- Jack Flynn (Rath Tó)
- Cathal Hickey (Baile Sencaill)
- Daithí McGowan (Rath Tó)
- Eoghan Frayne (Druim Samhraidh)
- Darragh Campion (Scrín)
- Aaron Lynch (Átha Troim)
- Mathew Costello (Domhnach Seachnaill)
- Jack O’Connor (Currach Átha)
- Sean Brennan (Dún Doire)
- Conor Gray (Domhnach Seachnaill)
- Donal Keogan (Rath Coinnig)
- Adam McDonnell (Druim Samhraidh)
- Conor Farrelly (Baile an Bhaitearaigh)
- Shane Walsh (Na Fianna)
- Cathal Finnegan (Baile Sencaill)
- Daire Rowe (Sódan)
- Ruairí Kinsella (Domhnach Seachnaill)
- Diarmuid Moriarty (Currach Átha)
- Keith Curtis (Rath Coinnig)
Posted in: County Teams / An Contae