Meath GAA Ticket Procedures for Upcoming Club Championship Games
With the Government’s decision to defer Phase 4 of the Roadmap for Reopening Society & Business until 10th August in mind, Meath GAA must adapt to accommodate all aspects of our community.
The total capacity at all GAA Grounds is restricted to 200 persons. This includes all present at the ground: players, team management, volunteers, media, & spectators. All adults, OAPs, students, and children will be all treated equally and will count as 1 person.
Meath GAA is pleased to announce a partnership with the GAA and Tickets.ie for the 2020 season, which will facilitate the distribution and sale of tickets online.
For all first-round football games in the Fairyhouse Steel SFC, Meade Potato Company IFC, and Teach na Teamhrach JFC tickets will only be available through your club committee. Any unsold tickets will be available online. All tickets will have a unique barcode and will only admit 1 person only.
This process will also be in place for the first-round hurling games in the Ted Murtagh, Clothing & Footwear, Trim SHC and the IHC.
Each of the competing clubs will receive 55 tickets for sale. All tickets must be purchased before spectators arrive at a venue – it will not be possible to accept cash at the gates. Both clubs will also receive 32 tickets for use by players and team management and this is in compliance with the GAA Game Regulations.
All those who have purchased season tickets with Club+ may present them at the venue of your own club games only.
This limited capacity is obviously disappointing for clubs and their spectators, Meath GAA requests that everyone adheres to the guidelines set down by the Government and the HSE in the interests of public safety.
Furthermore, Meath GAA will facilitate supporters who are unable to attend venues by streaming some matches live each weekend.
Games can be viewed on our website:
Official Statement – Meath GAA Management Committee
We wish everyone good luck in the weeks ahead and would like to remind clubs of some important information
- Attendance at all matches is currently restricted to 200 in total including players, team management, match officials, medical, media, supporters etc.
- Attendance at underage games is currently restricted to players, team management, medical, and parents/guardians of players only.
- All persons who attend games must adhere to social distancing guidelines if they are not from the same household.
- All persons should bring their own hand sanitiser and be aware of their own personal responsibility to maintain social distancing protocols.
- All GAA members must complete their Health Questionnaire before every activity.
- Dressing rooms must remain closed.
- Please ensure that your COVID-19 officers are given the full support of the club to ensure all guidelines are met.
Meath GAA would like to acknowledge and commend all our volunteers for all their exceptional efforts to date as we return to competitive activity.
Best wishes to everyone who is involved in our games and please make sure you enjoy all the greats aspects of the GAA in a safe and responsible fashion.
Meath GAA Chairperson
Posted in: Club