Boardsmill was affiliated to Meath GAA in 1944 but teams representing Boardsmill played hurling in competitions of 1911 and 1912.
While a hurling club traditionally, football was first played in 1957. A lot of underage success was achieved over the 1960s and 1970s winning four S.H.C in the early 1970s and playing in three junior football finals but losing all three. It was not until the early 2000s that there was football success with the club winning 3 junior titles.
The pitch was bought in 1975 and officially opened in 1984 with a second pitch and hurling wall officially opened in 2012.
Boys and girls in the community are well catered for with camogie being very strong in the 1960s and revived in the 1990s when ladies football also started with both codes currently playing senior.
The club is set in a rural community, has a great spirit and for this we are truly grateful.