Ballinabrackey GAA Club was founded in 1922. Before the Club bought its current pitch at Boyne Park from the Land Commission in in the early forties, the club played its football in Neddy Mitchel’s field and the Barrack field in Ballinabrackey.
The Club has won five Meath Junior titles. The first back as early as 1926, then in ’72,’77,’85 and 2010. Also in 2010 Ballinabrackey were crowned Leinster Junior Champions and were beaten by Swanlinbar in the All-Ireland Semi-Final. Down through the years and to the present day certain players have played Minor, Junior, Under 21 and Senior with the County. The most noted of these was the late Peter Moore who won three Leinster medals and an All-Ireland in 1967. Denis McNamara who won a National League Medal in 1951.
In 1963 Kevin McNamee won a Leinster Medal. The Club has been voted Meath Club of the year on two occasions in 1989 and 2010. The Club has been very successful at underage level also with titles been won at all grades from Under 12 up to Under 21. The Pavilion was open in 1990 with new dressing rooms built in 2009.