Meath Hill – Cnoc na Mí

Club Crest

Meath Hill – Cnoc na Mí

Club Colors

Meath Hill – Cnoc na Mí

Codes Supported

Football

Share This Page

Club Links

Website: http://www.meathhillgfc.com/

Club Contact

Name: Joan Kieran

Email: secretary.meathhill.meath@gaa.ie

Phone: 086 – 6035898


Ground Locations

Meath Hill – Cnoc na Mí


Profile

Meath Hill G.F.C. was founded in 1903 and played Castletown in the semi-final of the Meath football championship in the same year and on that occasion Meath Hill wore white and blue jerseys with pink knicks, they still wear the blue and white but the pink knicks have faded to white.

During some years of high emigration when the club was unable to field a team due to a lack of available players many of the players played with North Meath Gaels and were lucky enough to win a senior championship in 1950.
In 1951 Shale Brick Rovers G.F.C. was formed which catered for players from Meath Hill, Drumconrath, Nobber and Kingscourt . In 1962 Shale Brick Rovers was disbanded and St. Brigids, Meath Hill took its place.

Football matches were played in many of the few flat fields in the area up until 1972 when a pitch was developed beside Ballyhoe lake. The facilities were typical of the time with no dressing rooms or hot showers. The club moved to its present home in 1992 with a G.A.A. Centre and a Prunty pitch with floodlighting.

Achievements of the club:

• Junior A Football Championship Winners 1942, 1980.
• Intermediate Football Championship Finalists 1986.
• Junior D Championship winners 2012
• Junior Football Championship Finalists 1979, 1996.